Delivery & Returns
Please note: WAU shall in its sole discretion determine whether any damage, malfunction, failure or other loss is due to a cause that is covered by WAU bike warranty. For all inquiries on warranty and returns, please contact us at email@example.com
Each new WAU Bike comes with a limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects. Warranty claims only cover manufacturer defects that were already present at the time of handover. WAU Motors offers a 2-year guarantee for manufacturing defects resulting in the failure of the frame, fork, handlebar, seat post, saddle, crank set, pedals, chain, rims, spokes, wheel hub, bottom bracket, cassette, derailleur shifter, throttle, kickstand and electronics including the motor, controller, display, and sensors. Battery is covered under 24 Months manufacture guarantee. WAU Bike is intended for use on paved road only. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear.
Condition on Arrival
If your product arrives damaged on your doorstep, please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days from the date of delivery. Please note, any damage during transit is not covered by any warranty from WAU, however, a claim may be filed with the shipping company.
Direct Home Delivery
Direct home delivery means that your purchases will be sent directly to your door. If you choose to receive a bike through this method please note that the bike will not be delivered fully assembled. Your bike will be fully built and safety checked by our professionally trained mechanics and after the bike has been built the handlebars will be loosened and turned to the side to allow the bike to fit in its box. Please note that ancillary items such as pedals and rear racks are not attached before dispatch; you will be required to attach these items and turn and tighten the handlebars of your bike once the product arrives with you.
Collection in Store
We understand that you may want to skip the hassle of completing the assembly of your bike and checking it for safety on your won. We have a network of independent cycle shops across the country who are experts at setting up bikes and providing all the necessary safety checks that that your bike is ready to ride straight from the shop. This service is provided free of charge and the store will contact you directly, to arrange a convenient time for you to visit the store to collect your purchases.
For security reasons when using the collect in store delivery method you must show your order confirmation before the partner will allow you to take your purchases. Once you have collected your purchases, we will receive a full confirmation from our partner store.
Manufacture defect only applies if the following points are met:
- If your bike was purchased directly from WAU, Indiegogo, or any one of our official and approved distributors.
- If you are the original/first owner of the bike. Warranty is not transferable in case of a re-sale.
- If your WAU has followed all intended use purposes.
- If all electronics have NOT been modified or repaired.
Please note: All disassembly and shipment costs incurred will be the sole responsibility of the owner. WAU covers replacement parts to those that satisfied all warranty conditions stated above. WAU will cover the cost of the replacement ONLY and will NOT cover the cost of shipping or installing the replacement parts. This warranty is not transferable and is only valid for the original/ first owner of the bike. This warranty period cannot be extended. If the initial ownership is transferred to a third party, the remaining warranty (if any) will be cancelled immediately. Any other remedy, including compensation or loss of use, is excluded. WAU reserves the right to refuse any warranty claim.
Your warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear, including but not limit to wear of tires, hand grips, brake pads and scratches to the frame and/or seat.
- Damage or failure caused by accident, abuse, neglect, or any misuse.
- Damage from stunt riding, ramp jumping or any similar activities that are not aligned with the intended use or purposes.
- Damages caused by improper charging of the C3 Battery Pack or using a third-party charger not supplied by WAU or its dealers.
- Damages or loss for both electronic and physical key is not covered under the warranty.
- Damages caused by installation using third party parts, accessories, or electrical components.
- Any components that have been modified or tampered with, including but not limited to motors, C3 battery pack, brake pads, lights, tires, displays, controller etc.
- Warranty is deemed invalid if the bike is used for any purpose other than the intended use of the bike, please see our “Intended Use” section for more information.
- Warranty excludes damages associated with commercial or rental use.
- Warranty is voided immediately if users overrides manufacture safety features (i.e increasing the speed limit).
- If electrical parts have been repaired, replaced, or modified by a person not authorized by WAU, all warranty is void.
- Warranty does not cover components damaged by an attempted repair unless performed by an authorised WAU bike repair centre with WAU’s prior knowledge.
- WAU reserves the full right to refuse any warranty claim.
*Please note, all WAU bikes are complied with UK/EU regulation of maximum 15.5mph, overriding the factory speed limit will immediately void your warranty.
Wear and Tear
Some components on your bike are subject to natural wear and tear owing to their function. The degree of wear can is determined on the care, maintenance and the use of your WAU Bike. Bikes that are often left outside are also subject to increased wear caused by weather conditions. Parts must be replaced once they reach their wear limit, these include but not limited to:
- Drive chain
- Brake cables and pads
- Gear Cables
- Brake disks
Your brake pads and disks are subject to wear due to the nature of their function. Check the condition and the thickness of the brake pads regularly, and if necessary, have them replaced by a bike specialist. Replacing these parts due to wear is not subject to the statutory warranty. Environmental factors can cause wear on these moving parts. Therefore, these areas must be regularly cleaned and maintained.
We stand by the high quality of our products and do not accept returns on used or opened goods. This does not apply to faulty goods. Every WAU bike purchased directly from our web store will receive 14 days money back guarantee from the day of receipt providing the goods are unopened. Please note, it is the buyer’s responsibility for the cost of returning the package back to our warehouse. Package received must be in its original package and not damaged in any way. If you simply changed your mind and wish to return your bike, 15% restocking fee is applied on the overall price of the purchase. PLEASE NOTE, additional admin fee will be applied.
You must send your order back no later than 14 days after you have informed our team you wish to return your product. You are responsible for safely and securely package the product and bear the risk of delivery from your doorsteps our designated warehouse. We recommend all returns using the original packaging supplied when initially delivered. PLEASE NOTE, lithium battery cannot be returned using normal post.
Upon receipt of the returned product, inspection of the returned product will be carried out based on its possible resale value and will calculate any loss of value to the returned product. Any such loss of value will be deducted from the refund amount due to you.
We offer a full refund for cancellation within 24 hours from the time of purchase. Orders cancelled after the item has shipped are subject to all standard return policies. You must accept delivery and ship the item back to the correct address. Our team can only issue the refund when the package is successfully received and pass full inspection of potential damages (this also applies to additional accessories if applicable). If the item was refused on delivery, return shipping fees of £25 will be deducted from the overall order amounts.